Friday 5 April 2013

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Review

YAY, I made it through Lent...no nail polish purchased!

I was interested in the new CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant nail polish, but thought that 5.99 was far too much for it. Being thrifty and waiting it out I found it for 3.00 at well.ca, so I picked up 12 of them.  This is what CoverGirl claims:

"Dare to go topless with our new nail polish formula that combines a base coat, high gloss colour, and a chip-resistant top coat in one simple step."

Note:  All swatches are 2 coats or more to obtain the desired opacity and no top coat.


'Always naked' is a taupe/beige neutral.  I'm not sure this is the best shade for my skin type.

'Wine to Five' is an oxblood/wine.  This is my favorite of the bunch.

'Mint mojito' is more of a turquoise then mint.  My sister loved this one with some silver glitter.

'Lav-endure' is, in fact, a lavender. 

'Vio-last' is a beautiful blue-violet colour.

'My papya' is a unique shimmery coral with pink undertones.

'Forever festive' is a jewel toned ruby...wonderful Christmas colour.

'Out of the blue' a vibrant true blue.

'Pink-finity' is a blue-based creme pink.

'Grapevine' is a very saturated purple polish with shimmer.

'Golden opportunity' is a shimmery champagne gold and somewhat metallic.

'Silver lining' is not a silver, which was disappointing, it is more a grey.


I think it's a pretty good polish with a good selection of colours.  I don't like the idea of stained nails so I used a base coat.  Most of the polishes were opaque with 2 coats.  Some of the lighter colours I found too thick and couldn't get them to level (Pink-finity was the worse.)  I also found that there were occasionally bubbles when applied, as you can see in some of the pictures.  All in all I would recommend them for the price I paid.


2 comments:

  1. Tonight I bought lav-endure at Wal Mart and I have to say - love it! It goes on with true integrity to what you see in the bottle and I feel comfortable putting it on with the trust that it won't chip tomorrow. See my full review at
    deannamcneil.blog.com
    Wonderful product! As a model, I'm always looking for the best and this is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful!

    The Covergirl polish was such a good price. Lavendar and mint green seem to be my mainstay for spring and summer...just makes me happy and not bad on my pale skin tone.

    Have a great day and thanks for checking out my blog, your's it great :)

    ReplyDelete