Wednesday 15 May 2013

Are you a Nail Polish Snob?


Are you a nail polish snob?  I have come to the conclusion that sometimes price does not always equal quality.  Do you only buy high end polish or have you tried some of the great quality/less expensive brands?  I like and buy high end brands, but I am always on the lookout for any quality polish.  Well…I was wandering the aisles of my local Dollarama (a Canadian chain of Dollar stores) and saw a brand of polish that I have never seen and thought what the heck, they’re a dollar.  If they are crap, I have only wasted a couple of bucks.  Honestly I wasn't hopeful; come on it’s a dollar store!  I was pleasantly surprised.  I really like the 2 Kozmic Colours that I picked up!


Mermaid is a minty green/blue colour.  The application was good, opaque in 2 coats.  It was a bit difficult to level, but Seche Vite took care of that.


Show Goes On is a silver bar glitter polish.   Application was also good, just needed a little placement on the nail, as with most glitters.


I would definitely pick some more up and would recommend them, at least to try.  Have you ever tried a less expensive polish and been pleasantly surprised?

6 comments:

  1. They look nice! I'll need to check my dollar stores in Canada to see if I can find these too then. I like any polish whether there expensive or not. I'm not too picking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try and just go for quality, and not worry about the name. I recommend checking out your local dollar stores, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good find:) The manicures look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back to Dollarama and some more!

    ReplyDelete